Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love this stamp in my passport.

So, it only makes sense that in my first real blog I should talk about the past, right? Okay.

Man. Mexico. I'm not sure where to start. All I know is that every time I reminisce over the plethora of pictures from that God-ordained week, I feel God moving inside my heart. Reminding me of the things He did, and the hearts He touched. Sharing the Gospel on the streets of downtown Cancun was a huge test for me. I was scared. Not from the stories of drug lords and shady business, but because I was representing my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The thoughts about eloquence and reciting Scriptures plagued my mind. If we're being honest, they plagued my mind until the third, and last day of sharing. Yeah, on the first two days I shared the Gospel, but it never seemed "right." It never seemed to be MY words and MY version of God's love story to me... Until day three. Stacy Lewis, the lovely lady that she is, was my parter. Along with our wonderful translators whose names I cannot remember. Eek! Anywho, Stacy had shared the Gospel at the first couple of houses and I stayed pretty quiet. On our way to a shop-like house Stacy said to me that it was my turn. That I needed to share the Gospel with those people. In that house. After I said, "no, no" in nervousness, Stacy was adamant. I knew in my heart it was my turn. God had been pushing me, and finally I obeyed. Using the pictures from the Keys To the Kingdom I shared what God's love story meant to ME. It became personal. It became real. The mother and daughter that I shared with looked engrossed the whole time. They drank in my words via the translator. God spoke. It wasn't me at all. When I opened my mouth to finally speak words that were real, they became words that were not of me. I had the overwhelming joy of being "a special utensil for honorable use."
(2 Timothy 2:21)

As much as I want to say that experience of sharing the Gospel "changed my life," I can't. It did change my views about sharing. Don't get me wrong. However, I have not yet employed those things here. In my life. In Justin, TX. In Northwest High School. In Health class.
Oh Father, help me.
I need that revelation every moment of every day.


Sorry about the novel. I can only pray that God flows out of my life like He does onto paper.



A
picture
will
always
be
worth
a
thousand
words.



Matthew 9:37-38

1 comment: