Monday, December 20, 2010

My Soul Magnifies the Lord!

He has done great things for me.


Let's Be Honest.
The Glory in the Highest Tour with Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio blessed me beyond measure. I am so thankful God gave me the opportunity to worship with so many other believers in the Spirit of the Christmas season. So often I lose sight of what Christ truly did for me on the Cross. And even more than that, I see my Savior's humble beginnings as a cute little story I've heard a hundred times, when in fact, it is not. It is the kind of story that should inspire awe and cause us to worship our Lord Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that God opened my eyes to see the story of His Son in a fresh way, and I pray that I will never forget His faithfulness to me.



Purple Journal!

"Let the words of my mouth
and the meditations of my heart
be pleasing to You, O Lord,
MY ROCK and MY REDEEMER."

-Psalm 19:14

This is one of my favorite verses. Ever. It always brings my wandering mind back to Christ. Back to MY ROCK. The only steady, unmoving, faithful thing in my life. His faithfulness moves me tears. Although I am so wretched and unfaithful to Him in all of His glory, He never lets me go. He never loses faith in me for one second. The fact that the creator of the entire universe loves me that much gives me the strength to press on. To strive to be a more faithful follower of my King. This verse challenges me to consider my thoughts before they become my actions. Jesus REDEEMED me from an eternity separated from my Father, and I want to honor and love Him in my obedience.

T H O U G H T B U B B L E S
POP! I want Louie Giglio sermons on hand at all times.

POP! Having cute pictures in cute picture frames is like having a brand new gift to open every day.

POP! Jess Patton, there was a strange drawing of your abdomen sitting on my desk when I woke up this morning. I threw it in the trash.

POP! Black and white takes me back.

POP! I hope my crafty side turns out to be all I aspire for it to be.


A
Picture
Will
Always
Be
Worth
A
Thousand
Words




Here's yall folks a little taste of why I love my youth group so stinkin much!


2 comments:

  1. Love reading your post! its like I get to see a little piece of you as I am reading it. When you said you were giving me a shout out thats not what I expected haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with las seciones of your blog.

    Thank you purple journal which I will now look forward to every day I'm at school. :)

    ReplyDelete